The Beautiful State of Uttarakhand is deeply rooted in its culture with holy pilgrimages & backdrops of gorgeous scenic views. These 20 Jaw dropping photographs of Uttarakhand will make you forget Switzerland. It is the perfect destination for travelers and the pleasant climatic conditions throughout the year add to its charm. These are a must on your 'places to visit' the next time you backpack to explore this ginormous land of variation & beauty. This guide curated by personal experiences is the best guide you can find to have the best experience in the state.
1. Hike & wade through ice-cold river water in mountain caves at Robber's Cave Guchhupani
2. Have the bath of a lifetime in the waterfalls of Sahastradhara, Dehradun
Suggested Read: 10 Amazing National Highways In India You Must Cover
3. Visit the most gorgeous university campus of The FRI University
4. Trek in the gorgeous glaciers of Kedartal at an altitude of 4,750 meters in the great Himalaya
5. Click your aesthetics in the meadows of endemic alpine flowers and the variety of flora in the UNESCO World Heritage Site - The Valley Of Flowers
6. Explore the wilderness into the unknown in The Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary
Suggested Read: Trace The Ethnic Culture At The Top 10 Museums in India
7. Visit the Sikh Pilgrimage Hemkund Sahib: The Lake of Snow
8. Have the best boat riding experience in the Naini Lake in Nainital
9. Visit the Queen of Hill Stations: Mussoorie to escape the heat
Suggested Read: Explore The 10 Electrifying Things To Do In Rishikesh
10. The highest man-made artificial lake in the world -Auli for snow sports
11. River rafting & other adventure sports in Rishikesh
12. Get over the super busy Kempty Falls in Mussoorie & visit this scenic wonder in Chakrata in Uttarakhand
13. Camp in the small region of meadows and evergreen forest area that is Chopta
14. Holy Pilgrimage of Hindus, dedicated to Lord Shiva - The Kedarnath Temple
15. Places to visit in Uttarakhand has to include the forested region of wildlife - The Jim Corbet National Park for the perfect morning Safaris
Suggested Read: 10 Most Beautiful Places in India You Must Visit At least Once
16. Visit Dhanaulti Eco Park for the comfort of huge Deodar trees around you
17. The highest Shiva temple in the world Tungnath is a place for the hardcore devotee, an ardent nature lover & the adventurous lot
18. Sit for an experience of a lifetime amidst the clouds at Cloud's End in Mussoorie
Suggested Read: 7 Reasons You MUST Visit Goa In The Rainy Season
19. Undertake the Nag Tibba trek through the mountains in Uttarakhand
20. Cantonment town of Lansdowne for a quiet & peaceful getaway
Pack your bags and get set go these summer vacations to this heavenly state for the perfect getaway!
1. How to reach the Valley Of Flowers?
A. The closest you can get to The Valley of Flowers by road is Govind Ghat. This requires around an 11 hour drive to Joshimath from Dehradun, then another one hour to Gobindghat. From Gobindghat it is a 13-kilometer (8.1 miles) trek along a steep, narrow, but well-defined mountain trail to base camp at Ghangaria.
2. What other adventure sports apart from River-Rafting can you enjoy in Rishikesh?
A. Some electrifying adventure sports to try in Rishikesh:
1. Bungee Jumping
2. Giant Swings
3. Flying Fox
4. Mountain Biking
5. Cliff Jumping
6. Rock Climbing
8. Ride Hot Air Balloons