It's really hard to decide what to wear and what not to during the monsoons since it is essential to look out for the weather before styling yourself for the day. Monsoons bring a lot of downpour due to which the weather turns humid and the roads accumulate a lot of dirt and water. But on the other hand, monsoon is a heartwarming and happy season too where you can experiment a lot to look inevitably admirable and trendy. Let's move forward to know more about how to quintessentially style yourself in monsoon.
1. What Colours To Wear In Monsoon?
Solid dark colors are the perfect answer - One should go for solid colors because monsoon can bring the downpour anywhere and anytime. For such case, a solid color top or shirt works just fine even if you end up getting drenched in the rain as it saves your clothes giving a transparent effect. We can say it's the season to drop the pastels as you've gone past the basic summer stage and it is high time you go for dark colors.
Try going for colors like maroon, dark purple, the electric blue since of these shades turn out to be pretty soothing when it comes to Monsoon wear pick.
2. Keep The Color White Out Of Your Wardrobe
3. What Fabrics To Wear?
4. A Big No To Skin-Fit Bottom Wear
5. Footwear Essentials
One should definitely think twice about the footwear they are planning to wear for the monsoon season as they've got to have a good grip and are not prone to slip easily. Consider wearing waterproof leather slip-on, floaters or strappy sandals for a comfortable and study wear to get away with this tormenting rainy season.
6. Essentials You've To Carry
7. What To Wear
Enough of telling you - what to avoid, let's talk about what to wear this monsoon to stay up with the trends and look stylish. It's time to take your dresses, shorts and all breezy clothes out as nothing can beat the monsoons as they do. Like,
- Wear crop tops as they are super breezy and perfect for rainy seasons.
- Wear cropped trousers rather than the long length ones to save the nightmare of them getting dirty from the edges.
- Go for midi skirts for a stunning look and slay in monsoons as well.
- Wear breezy clothes which don't stick to your skin as it leads to getting fungal/bacterial infection when rainwater sticks to your skin.
8. The Right Accessories You've Got To Have This Season
Carry a waterproof bag for starters as well to save your important documents and other items. One can also carry fancy light scarves to save themselves from any transparency if needed.
Q: Which are the best destinations to visit in India during Monsoons?
A: Cochin, Goa, Munnar, Agumbe
Q: What fabric to avoid in Monsoons?
A: Velvet, Wool, Silk