Before reading this post, must read the master post on Places to visit in Delhi: Dilli Darshan
Do you get tanned as easily as you gain weight? No doubt, the woes of dark and pigmented skin are something everybody can relate to, especially in a sunny and polluted country like India. Your complexion is a mirror of how well you take care of your skin. Moreover, using commercial creams which promise to give you fairer skin in 14 days just doesn’t work for everyone.
We often ignore the rants of our grandmother and mother about using home remedies to improve the texture of our skin. One advice I would give to my 14-year-old self is to use sunscreen every time I step out.
While the last time I told you about my tried and tested hair spa treatment at home, this time we have come up with real and working home techniques to give you fresh and younger looking skin.
- Follow a skin care routine of cleansing, toning and moisturizing (CTM) every day.
- From here on, get yourself a soft and gentle cleanser that suits your type of skin. It removes all impurities from your face and must not be too harsh on your skin. Use this cleanser to cleanse your skin properly. After that, apply a toner. This removes all oil and dirt on your skin. After toning, use a moisturizer.
- Buy a good face pack or glowing mask to give some glow to your face or else you could also try making a natural face pack using ingredients available at home like eggs, baking soda, turmeric powder, curd. Fruit masks also work great on your face.
- Follow a night care regime to keep your skin radiant. Clean your face well and use serum or a night care cream.
- On day 2, move your focus to your diet.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables provide minerals and vitamins which are great for your skin.
- Next, include lots of water, juices, and other fluids in your diet to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
- Before you go to bed, all makeup must be removed and your face must be cleaned well.
- Get a cleanser that is cream based. It helps remove all makeup. Then, follow the night care regime.
- The next day, exfoliate your skin after the CTM routine. It removes all dead skin cells and keeps your pores clean.
- Get a face scrub or a sponge to scrub your face well. The dead skin cells are scrubbed off and healthy skin is revealed.
- Use a rejuvenating face mask and after that, apply a good moisturizer.
- When you get out in the sun, apply sunscreen to protect your skin from the UV rays that are so harmful.
- Wake up in the morning to find your face looking healthier. The texture of your face will have improved and you could see a glow. Follow your usual CTM routine first thing in the morning.
- Pamper your skin well enough on the fourth day by giving your face a good steam bath. It opens up all the pores of your skin that are clogged. When they open up, all impurities, dirt, and oils come out.
- Dip a cotton ball in rose water and clean your face with it. Rose water is great for your skin. It cools your skin and gives a natural radiance. Your face will look healthy and fresh after the treatment.
- Follow the usual night care regime. It makes your skin hydrated and nourished after a good rest at night.
- As every day progresses, you will find your skin getting better and better.
- Follow the CTM routine first thing in the morning. After you are done with it, take some AloeVera Gel and massage your face with it. You could also use any massage cream instead. This improves the blood circulation. Use an under eye serum to treat dark circles.
- Use a day cream with SPF content. It makes your skin healthier and protects it from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Get a good sandalwood face pack to apply in the evening. It makes your skin glow.
- Follow the usual CTM routine first and go to the routine for the day.
- Perform skin exfoliation to remove all impurities. Get some rose water and spray it over your face to refresh your skin and tone it.
- Make sure you take lots of water, juices and other fluids. Enough water content makes your body well hydrated and keeps you healthy.
- This is the last day of the routine and by now, you could actually see a huge difference in the texture of your skin. It will have become smoother and must be glowing. As usual, get your CTM routine first.
- Get a good fruit facial done. A fruit treatment gives a glow and fairness to your face that is natural as it does not contain any artificial chemicals.
- Use a good sunscreen with SPF to protect your skin from the sun. Of course, the rays of the sun could do a lot of harm to your face, so make sure you do your best to protect your face.
- Make sure you include lots of water and other fluids in your diet. It helps in maintaining the elasticity of your skin tissues and prevents dehydration. A well-hydrated skin is always healthy.
And for your regular doses of professional facials, you can visit these salons that give amazing discounts:
- Salons in Bangalore
- Salons in Delhi
- Salons in Mumbai