If food was a language, desserts would be a perfect way to say "I Love You". Do you agree? So dessert lovers and "ghar ke master chefs", this year, change the pattern eat dessert before dinner, guilt-free. All thanks to these healthy dessert recipes.
So what are you waiting for? Make 2022 sweeter with these 7 scrumptious, healthy desserts.
1. No-Bake Cheesecake with Oat Crust
A treat for parents and children, here's a decadent 3-ingredient, and guess what, we don’t use gelatine or heavy cream in the filling. The best part, it is ready in 10 minutes. Isn't it already making you crave?
Image Courtesy: Homemade Mastery
- Cream cheese (Order gluten-free cream cheese from Epigamia!)
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, honey and vanilla, and whip until you get a smooth mixture. Keep it aside.
- Take a blender or a food processor and add oats, butter, cinnamon and some honey.
- Blend till you get a crumbly mixture that sticks together.
- It's time to combine both the mixtures. In a cupcake mould, gently create a base with oats mixture.
- Now smear the base with the prepared cream cheese filling.
- Top it off with strawberry slices and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Serve cold!
2. 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
Yes, we are talking about a healthy version of chocolate fudge, and that too, using two ingredients. Well, I am definitely trying this dessert today, what about you?
Image Courtesy: Rodelle Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate
- Condensed Milk
- Grease your baking pan with melted butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Cut your dark chocolate into small bits.
- Add condensed milk and the chopped chocolate to a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Place over heat and stir till the chocolate melts into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the baking pan and smoothen.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
Order dark chocolate along with other ingredients from Bigbasket!
3. Strawberry Frozen Yoghurt
No one will ever say no to this health-right dessert in the form of strawberry frozen yoghurt. It's easy to make and tasty to devour.
Image Courtesy: Taste
- 750g strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 500g plain fat-free yoghurt (Order gluten-free, vegan yoghurt from Epigamia!)
- Process strawberries and honey until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a large jug.
- Discard the solids and return the mixture to the processor.
- Add yoghurt to the mix and process until smooth.
- Pour the same into two 3 cup-capacity plastic containers.
- Cover the surface with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and let it stand for 3 minutes or until just softened.
- Spoon into the processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a 6 cup-capacity plastic container and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
- Again freeze for 4 hours or till firm.
- Remove from the freezer and let it stand for 3 minutes or until it softens.
- Serve with love!
4. Sugar-Free Healthy Kulfi
This year, surprise your folks with a low calorie, sugar-free, vitamin E and calcium-rich healthy Indian dessert.
Image Courtesy: Healthy Kadai
- 1.5 cups + 1 cup Almond milk (Order unsweetened plant-based almond milk from Epigamia!)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 20 almonds
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- 4 strands of saffron
- 1 tsp rose water
- 2 tsp pistachio, crushed coarsely
- Boil water, add 20 almonds to it. Boil for 2 minutes. Cool and peel them after 2 minutes. Blend it to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat the milk to a boil with saffron strands and then simmer for 25 - 35 minutes till it thickens.
- When it thickens, add the blended almonds and heat for 2-4 minutes.
- Add crushed almonds, pistachios, sugar, cardamom powder, cinnamon powder and place the milk over the heat for two minutes.
- Dissolve 1 tsp of rice flour in 2 tsps of water. Add that to the mixture.
- When it is totally thick, switch off and let it cool completely.
- Now blend it once more for a perfect creamy texture.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Set in any containers you want, cover and freeze it.
- Pour the ice cream into individual kulfi moulds and freeze till set (for 6-8 hrs).
- Unmold the kulfi by placing it under running water for a few seconds.
- Remove on a plate, slice the kulfi, garnish with pistachios and serve immediately.
5. Baked Chocolate Doughnuts
Doughnut worry, be happy... with a healthy dessert! All thanks to these scrumptious baked doughnuts. In case you are wondering how this chocolate doughnut recipe could be healthy, let us put your mind at ease. They are baked, not deep-fried and secondly, sugar is substituted by honey.
Image Courtesy: Divas can cook
- 3 + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (200mL) warm milk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chocolate spread (Order dark chocolate caramel spread made with ghee from Epigamia!)
In a large bowl add in the flour, yeast and salt and mix well.
In a separate jug, whisk the milk, eggs, honey, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Mix the wet and dry mixtures together with a spatula until a wet loose dough is formed.
Cover tightly with a cling film and place a towel on the top.
Leave the dough at room temperature for 2-3 hours. You will see it rise and from bubbles.
Once it doubles in size, place the dough in the fridge overnight, roughly for 12 hours.
The dough will be loose but will firm up when chilled.
On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 of an inch thick.
Using a scone cutter, cut out round pieces of dough. To cut the hole in the middle, you can use a piping nozzle.
Lay the doughnuts and doughnut holes in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Cover the doughnuts with a towel and leave to rise again at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
You will know when they are ready once they have puffed up.
Gently brush the doughnuts with melted butter.
Bake at 375oF (190oC) for 15 minutes.
Keep a close eye on them so they don’t turn too brown
Once out of the oven, smear the doughnuts with your favourite chocolate spread and enjoy!
6. Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
Here's some good news for you. You can now make peanut butter crunch brownies without baking them. Best bit? They're equally loaded with ingredients, flavour and peanut-buttery goodness!
Image Courtesy: thestayathomechef.com
- Melted Salted Butter
- Melted Baking Chocolate
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Peanut Butter (Buy Pintola unsweetened crunchy peanut butter from Bigbasket)
- Chocolate Chips
- Crispy Cereal
- Mix melted butter, melted chocolate, and sugar in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until blended.
- Add in salt, baking powder, and flour, and mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into a preheated pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and add crispy cereal chunks.
- Top the brownies with melted chocolate mixture. You can also use Epigamia Dark Chocolate spread, which is BTW a healthier alternative.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Chia & Coconut Pudding
Give yourself a chance to indulge in this tropical, healthy treat pronto! It's an easy dessert slash breakfast recipe that will stay with your forever.
Image Courtesy: Taste
400g can organic lite coconut cream
80ml (1/3 cup)honey
1/3 cup Chia Seeds (Order top-quality chia seeds by True Elements from Amazon)
Blueberries, to serve
Toasted coconut, to serve (optional)
- Place coconut cream, honey and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cover and store in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight to thicken.
- Divide into serving glasses and top with berries, and coconut if desired.
There's no time to switch to healthier habits like right now. Thank god you have these healthy dessert recipes by your side.
Q. What is the healthiest dessert to eat?
A. Avocado chocolate puddings, parfaits, fruit crumbles are some of the healthiest desserts to eat.
Q. What desserts help you lose weight?
A. Energy bites, high fibre cookies or ice cream, dark chocolate are some desserts that help you lose weight.