If there was a wish we could have a divine power fulfil, it would be to obtain the ability to drink alcohol without actually tasting alcohol. While some alcohol enthusiasts tend to grow accustomed, and even like the way this elixir tastes, a majority of us common folks are all too tempted to guzzle down the liquid without allowing it to touch our tastebuds!
Well, lucky for you, you don't need to experience the strong flavours of alcohol, to be able to enjoy the after-effects of its consumption. We have curated a list of the most delectable drinks, which don't let you detect the taste of alcohol while being just as intoxicating!
Ingredients: Vodka Triple Sec + Cranberry Juice + Lime Juice
- Carrie Bradshaw's go-to drink, a cosmopolitan is a delicious vodka-based concoction with a tangy citric flavour.
- Neither overly sweet nor overbearingly tart, the strong aromantic flavours of a cosmo are enough to mask the burning taste of alcohol on your tongue.
- This cocktail will give you a heady rush as the yummy fruity taste makes you want to guzzle down glasses. Cosmo is refreshing, elegant and always, an absolute classic.
Image Courtesy: Cocktails Love To Know
Ingredients: Vodka + Orange Juice
- The enticing cocktail of screwdriver is easy to make, yet oh so effective!
- Deriving its name from the original tool that was used to stir this drink, a screwdriver, you can prepare this concoction with just a few ingredients in under 5 minutes.
- The enduring popularity of this cocktail makes complete sense when you struggle to taste the alcohol in your sips, yet manage to feel the buzz that you'd been craving after just a few rounds!
Image Courtesy: Epicurious
3. Fuzzy Navel
Ingredients: Peach Schnapps + Orange Juice
- The fuzzy navel proves that it only takes two ingredients to create a cocktail notorious enough to furnish you with the time of your life.
- The fuzzy navel was one of the first drinks to arrive in the world of cocktails with a history dating back to the 1980s and now has gained the status of a classic party drink because of the delightful flavours that cover up the bitter undertones of vodka.
Image Courtesy: Delish
4. Sex On The Beach
Ingredients: Vodka + Peach Schnapps + Cranberry Juice + Orange Juice
- Usually chosen as a refreshing summer cocktail, sex on the beach is the epitome of easy drinking.
- Commonly served as either a highball or a shooter at bars, the subtly sweet flavours of the fruits infused in this drink make for a delicious potion to leisurely sip on, any day of the year.
- The strong, natural ripe peach flesh flavour overpowers the biting sharpness of the alcohol and leaves you with a mellow, happy buzz!
Image Courtesy: TT Liquor
5. Pina Colada
Ingredients: Rum + Cream of Coconut/Coconut Milk + Pineapple Juice
- In the world of cocktails, there is no other potion more indicative of the craving for a vacation.
- This sugary, festive drink has a strong foundation flavour of coconut, which is sweet enough to blanket the harshness of the alcohol.
- This frosty cocktail is easy to make, requires easy to gather ingredients and has hence become a popular favourite in the category of rum cocktails with a tropical undertone.
Image Courtesy: The Spruce Eats
Ingredients: Cachaça, + Sugar + Lime
- Caipirinha is exactly what you'd expect from the national drink of Brazil.
- This refreshing drink is made from sugarcane extract and Cachaça, which is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage.
- Perfect for chasing warm summer nights, this cocktail tastes like sweet lemonade and beach vacations. The Cachaça adds in a subtle punch that is not over-powering, and the sweet citric flavours dominate the palate.
Image Courtesy: Hungry Forever
7. Malibu Rum With Pineapple Juice
Ingredients: Malibu Rum + Pineapple Juice + Lime Juice
- Simple, fruity and thoroughly delicious, the pairing of coconut rum with sweet pineapple juice works wonders when you want to get that hit without experiencing the bitter smack of alcohol.
- This drink is tropical and flavoursome, without being over-the-top like several summer cocktails.
- The coconut adds those summery notes to the richness of the rum and the pineapple juice mixes seamlessly to create a musky tonic brimming with enticing flavours.
Image Courtesy: Absolut Drinks
8. Strawberry Margaritas
Ingredients: Tequila + Strawberry Puree + Triple Sec + Lime Juice + Sugar
- If you are in the mood to let down your hair and have a little fun, with a mouthwatering drink by your side, strawberry margaritas should be high on the list of options you consider.
- This cocktail is dangerously delicious, as you will be knocking back drink after drink all night, and before you know it, your ability to walk straight will be severely compromised.
- The freshness of the strawberries mask the pungent taste of tequila and the citric punch packs in some extra flavour.
Image Courtesy: Chowhound
Ingredients: Vodka + Triple Sec + Lime Juice
- This simple drink has long been lauded for its ability to give you an exquisite kick replete with pleasing flavours and tangy undertones.
- Regardless of whether you drink Kamikaze in the form of a shot or a full-fledged cocktail, detecting the taste of alcohol is a challenging feat due to the powerful acidic zing.
- Consumed by most in a fraction of the time that it takes to even assemble the ingredients, Kamikaze is a delicious, heady and delightful drink!
Image Courtesy: Steve The Bartender
10. White Russian
Ingredients: Vodka + Coffee Liqueur + Fresh Cream
- This classic three-ingredient cocktail is replete with the compelling flavours of coffee and cream, a match truly made in heaven.
- The White Russian is decadent and sophisticated, brought into prominence in popular culture by the 1998 movie "The Big Lebowski".
- While this classic cocktail boasts of expensive taste, it is relatively easy and cheap to make from scratch! The White Russian is the adult, can't cope with life sober version of milkshakes!
Image Courtesy: Delish
We hope that served as enough inspiration for you to get up, and head to your nearest bar. With these drinks that don't taste of alcohol by your side, drinking will be nothing but smooth sailing. No more scrunching up your nose, and downing that drink in one gulp. In 2020, we give our alcoholic drink the time it deserves!
Q. Which cocktails are low on alcohol?
A. Spritzes, Shandies, Americano, Tom Collins
Q. Which alcoholic drinks are good for health?
A. Beer, Red Wine, Whisky
Q. Can I tweak the recipes of these cocktails?
A. Of course, you can! There are no stringent rules for creating your cocktails, and you can add or remove any ingredient based on your personal tastes.