If it came down to listing the most practical, necessary and effective weapons we have against the current pandemic, active testing would emerge as a solid mention. Which makes total logical sense, considering you can't prevent yourself from infecting others, when you don't know if you're infected yourself.
As more days pass since the first COVID-19 case cropped up in India, medical practitioners and specialists sprint a bit faster towards achieving effective Coronavirus testing solutions in the country. In the recent days of our ongoing 21-day nationwide lockdown period, we've seen testing methods ranging from certified labs to phone booths. And as a resultant, also an influx of information and online reports on everything from "where to get coronavirus test" to "coronavirus testing kit cost".
Well, we feel passionately about making your life a tad easier in every way we can, almost like we do it professionally. So here's a carefully curated one-stop guide on everything you need to know about coronavirus testing in Mumbai.
Some Noteworthy Points
1. There's no singular readily available test kit for Coronavirus. However, it can be detected with the use of a series of tests in a certified hospital, lab or testing centre.
2. The comprehensive Coronavirus testing process will comprise of five samples: (1) a swab test for your throat and nose, (2) injection of a saline solution in your nose and sample testing, (3) insertion of a bronchoscope and collection of a sample from lungs, (4) a sputum test for the lung mucus that can be coughed out or sampled from the nose with a swab, and (5) a blood test.
3. You need to be tested if/when: you have been showing symptoms of infection, you've recently travelled to a part of the world with high case rates, or if you suspect yourself of being exposed to someone with the infection, or being exposed to someone falling in the high-risk category including frequent foreign travellers.
Coronavirus Test Centres In Mumbai
Government Hospitals & Laboratories
- NIV Mumbai Unit Mumbai
- National Institute of Virology Field Unit Mumbai
- Kasturba Hospital for Infectious Diseases Mumbai
- Seth G S Seth Medical College & KEM Hospital Mumbai
- Grant Medical College & Sir JJ Hospital Mumbai
- Haffkine Institute Mumbai
Private Laboratories & Centres
- Thyrocare Technologies Limited (D37/1, TTC MIDC, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai)
- Suburban Diagnostics ( 306, 307/T, 3rd Floor, Sunshine Bld., Andheri (W) Mumbai)
- Metropolis Healthcare Ltd (No. 409-416, 4th Floor, Commercial Building-1, Kohinoor Mall Mumbai)
- Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre (R-282, TTC Industrial Area, Rabale, Navi Mumbai)
- iGenetic Diagnostics Pvt Ltd (Krislon House, Andheri East, Mumbai)
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital Laboratory (Four Bungalows Mumbai)
- InfeXn Laboratories Private Limited (A/131, Therelek Compound, Road No 23, Wagle Industrial Estate, Thane (W), Mumbai)
- Tata Memorial Centre Diagnostic Services-Tata Memorial Hospital (Parel, Mumbai)
- Dr. Jariwala Lab & Diagnostics LLP (1st Floor, Rasraj Heights, Rokadia Lane, Off Mandpeshwar Road, Borivli (W) Mumbai)
- Metropolis Healthcare Ltd, Global Reference Laboratory (Vidyavihar, Mumbai)
- Apollo Hospital (Nashik 31. Apollo Hospital, Navi Mumbai)
- SRL Diagnostic Laboratory (Dr Avinash Phadake Laboratory, Mahim, Mumbai)
- SRL Limited, Sector-4, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai
- SRL Ltd - CoE (Histopath Mahim, Mumbai)
- SRL Ltd, Fortis Hospital, Mulund-Goregaon Link Road, Mulund, Mumbai
- SRL Limited, Prime Square Building (Plot No 1, Gaiwadi Industrial Estate, SV Road, Goregaon Mumbai)
- SRL Limited (Hiranandani Fortis Hospital, 5th Floor, Mini Seashore Road, Sector-10, Vashi, Navi Mumbai)
- N M Medical Centre (Mumbai)
For More Information And Details Visit magicpin COVID-19 Testing Facilities List in Mumbai