Ever wondered how these models and celebrities have flawless glowing skin? The best and trusted way to achieve glowing skin is by using home remedies. Yes, all those "Nani, Dadi and Maa ke nuskhe" are going to give a flawless complexion in a natural and organic way. From acne or dry patches, oily skin problems or dull and tired looking skin, These hidden gems are a sure shot way of resolving and treating all the skin issues that your skin might be facing. We have curated a list of best home remedies to help you achieve that natural glow from within.
The main active nutrient in milk is lactic acid which serves as a deep pore cleanser. It cleanses out dirt and dust particles that clog the pores, reducing acne, blackheads, whiteheads and breakouts. Other nutrients that milk contains are Vitamins A, D, B12 and B6, Biotin, potassium and calcium. By using milk on your skin you'll achieve a soft and smooth texture, as it hydrates and moisturizes the skin really well making it a perfect ingredient for people with dry skin.
Image Source: Nykaa
- Mix together 2 tbsp of milk and 1 tbsp honey and apply it on freshly cleansed face. Rub into the skin with gentle circular motions. Leave to dry and rinse off with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp of turmeric powder with a little bit of raw milk and apply all over your face and neck. Let it dry and wash off for a glowing and younger looking skin.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which makes an ideal source for skin brightening. Acne doesn’t stand a chance when you use turmeric, thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, instead, it cures and prevents acne formation. Turmeric can reverse the damage caused to your skin by UV rays, pollution and has anti-ageing properties. It is cooling and soothing for sensitive skin that irritates and itches often and skin conditions like eczema.
Image Source: diabetesselfmanagement.com
- Mix 3 tbsp of gram flour, 2 tbsp of yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of freshly ground turmeric together to form a smooth paste and apply it on areas of your body that look tanned. Leave the pack for around 20 minutes and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Take the gram flour (besan), sandalwood powder, cream (malai) and a pinch of turmeric powder in a bowl. If you have very dry skin, you can also add a few drops of almond oil or olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste. Apply on clean face keep it on for 15 minutes. Once it dries off, take a little bit of water in your hands and pat over the pack to and gently remove it while exfoliating your face in circular motions.
Lemon is a great source of vitamin C which promotes brightness and treats the dull and tired skin. It also acts well as an exfoliator and helps to remove dead skin cells. Lemon is enriched with antioxidants that effects to damage free radicals and repairs damaged skin and slow down age appearance.
Image Source: Pinterest
- Take 1 tbsp lemon juice 1/2 tbsp honey and a few drops of almond oil. Mix the ingredients and apply the pack all over your face. Keep it on for 15 minutes and then rinse off with cold water for a hydrated and glowing complexion.
- Add the lemon juice to the aloe vera gel and mix well. Apply this pack on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with water to reduce those stubborn tan lines.
Rose water helps maintain the skin's pH balance, controls excess oil, helps in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores, hydrates, revitalise and moisturizes the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues. It helps clean pores and tones the skin.
Image Source: Pinterest
- Soak the saffron in the rose water until the saffron changes the colour of the water. Store it inside a spray bottle and refrigerate it to keep it cool. Shake it well before using it as a toner.
- Take 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel with 2 tbsp of rose water. Mix well and use it as a moisturizing mask. You can use this at night as a sleeping mask. It will keep your skin intensely hydrated and help in brightening as well.
Honey has antibacterial properties which makes it a great source of great for acne treatment and prevention. It is enriched with antioxidants and helps in slowing down the process of ageing. Honey extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it induces a lot of glow into your skin. It is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
Image Source: Chris Kresser
- Mix 1tbsp of honey and 2tbsp oats. Add some rose water to this. Apply this on the skin and let it dry. Before washing it off, dampen your skin and exfoliate gently. Then, rinse the pack off with water.
- Take 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp milk, a pinch of turmeric powder and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice. Mix everything and apply on the skin. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with lukewarm water to reveal naturally glowing skin.
Aloe Vera is a magical plant which contains vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and amino acids, a never-ending list of benefits. Its medicinal and healing properties rejuvenates the skin by hydrating it to give a natural glow making your skin look plump and feel soft. Aloe Vera gel contains soothing properties helps in cooling and calming down the sunburns, inflammation and irritation on the skin. It also helps in curing the acne and the scars and marks left behind by acne.
Image Source: Readers Digest
- Make a smooth paste of aloe vera gel and cucumber juice. Apply on the areas affected with sunburns and skin irritation and let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. This will help in cooling and calming skin inflammation.
- Thoroughly wash neem leaves with some water and blend in a mixer to get a thick paste. Add aloe vera gel and honey to this paste. Apply this on the entire face or spot treat the acne affected areas. Leave it on to dry for 10-12 minutes and then wash it off. This is a great source to treat acne and acne marks.
Yoghurt helps in hydrating and moisturizing the skin making it feel super soft and smooth. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, which works well as an exfoliator. It removes the topmost layer of dead cells, revealing brighter and younger looking skin. The high amounts of zinc and lactic acid present in yoghurt makes it beneficial for curing acne, pigmentation, dark spots and blemishes. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in soothing, cooling and calming the irritation and sunburns.
Image Source: Pinterest
- Measure 2 tablespoons of yoghurt into a bowl. Stir in 1 tsp turmeric powder and mix well. Massage the mixture into your skin using small circular movements, and then relax for 15 minutes. This face pack will give your skin moisturization and brightening effects.
- Take 2 tbsp of yoghurt into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of oatmeal and honey to it. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes so, the oatmeal can absorb the yoghurt. Gently scrub the mixture off in circular motion from your face and rinse it off with water to reveal tight and minimized pores and naturally glowing skin.
Cucumber has soothing properties which help in calming down the sunburns and redness caused by inflammation. It contains the same pH level as your skin which aids in replenishing your skin’s protective and natural acid mantle, promoting glowing skin. Cucumber contains nutrients like magnesium and potassium. It is great for the heat generated by the body and when the temperatures soar. It also helps in reducing the morning puffiness under your eyes.
Image Source: Sio Beauty
- Cut a half cucumber into slices. Blend these slices into a mixer to create a watery paste-like consistency. Add 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and mix well until it becomes smooth. Apply it on your face as a moisturizing face pack for 10-15 mins and rinse off with cool water to soothe and cool down the effect of heat and sun and skin inflammation.
- Take half a cucumber in a blender to make a puree and add 1 cup of rose water. Mix well and store it inside a spray bottle. Use it as a toner on a cleansed face to tighten your pores and keep your skin firm.
The juice from raw potato is rich in Vitamin C and starch which has mild bleaching properties which help in the removal of dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and blemishes. Applying thin slices of potato under the eyes will help banish those under eye dark circles. It also helps in gentle exfoliation and collagen production which boosts the skin elasticity and keeps the skin looking firm and plump. It has vitamin B6, which improves new cell formation.
Image Source: Nykaa
- Take a potato in blender water to make it into a puree. Mix the potato juice with honey. Mix well and apply to your face and neck. This pack will give you a brighter complexion and moisturized glowing skin.
- Take 1 tbsp potato juice, 1 tbsp rice flour 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp honey in a bowl and mix well. Apply it on your face and neck and leave it to dry. Use water to scrub the dry face pack gently. Clean your face thoroughly in a circular motion to remove pigmentation and dark spots off of your face.
The main nutrient in papaya is papain, an enzyme that has brightening properties and acts as a gentle exfoliant. It helps reduce the visibility of blemishes and acne scars. Applying raw papaya on your face and body will provide you with a natural glow and brighten up the tired and dull looking skin. It also helps in gently exfoliating your face by taking the dead skin and cells off of your face resulting into smoother and softer looking skin.
Image Source: khubsoorti.com
- Take 1/2 cup ripe papaya, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp fuller's earth and mash and mix the mixture well in a bowl. Apply this face pack evenly on your face and neck. Let it dry for about 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off with cold water to clean your pores from deep within and reveal naturally glowing skin.
- Chop the papaya into small pieces and mash them. Add the milk and honey to the papaya mash. Mix well into a fine paste. Apply this pack all over your face and neck. Keep it on for about 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water to reveal intensely hydrated skin with a lovely natural glow from within.
Question: What ingredients are best for people with dry skin?
Answer: Milk, Honey, Yoghurt and Aloe Vera
Question: What ingredients are best for people with oily skin?
Answer: Rose water, Papaya, Cucumber and Lemon